Freqently Asked Questions
Q: How easy is it to use REVITIVE?
A: REVITIVE has been specifically designed to be used by people of all ages in the comfort of your own home. The easy to read manual, as well as the remote control makes the device very simple to operate and easy to use. Simply turn it on, place both feet on the pads, sit back, relax and let the device go to work.
Q: Do you stand or sit to use the REVITIVE?
A: REVITIVE should only be used when you are sitting down. Choose a chair or sofa which is close to a power socket. Place the REVITIVE on the floor next to the chair in front of where you will sit and plug it in. Sit on the chair and place your bare feet on the foot pads. Use the remote control or the buttons on the device to switch it on and begin the programme. You can then increase the intensity to the desired level. Sit back and let REVITIVE go to work.
Q: How far up the leg will the benefits extend?
A: REVITIVE helps increase circulation throughout the lower legs, ankles and feet.
Q: Do I have to use it every day?
A: We recommend using REVITIVE for 30 minutes as part of your daily routine. REVITIVE is easy and enjoyable to incorporate into everyday life. REVITIVE can be used while watching TV, while working at the computer, or just while enjoying a relaxing coffee.
Q: I exercise regularly, so I don’t think I need REVITIVE?
A: Exercise is important and REVITIVE is not designed to replace exercise. It can supplement exercise, especially on days when the weather is bad and you can't get out or when you spend long periods of time sitting or standing.
Q: How heavy and big is it?
A: All REVITIVE devices are designed to be portable, lightweight and easy to store. You can compare the width to a large dinner plate or a 12 inch record.
Q: Is it battery or mains operated?
A: The REVITIVE device is mains operated. The remote control is battery operated and includes batteries.
Q: Does REVITIVE make a noise?
A: REVITIVE makes no operating noise. However it does beep at switch on and switch off, one beep at the start and three beeps at the end.
Q: Does REVITIVE heat up?
A: No. However, increasing blood circulation will naturally increase foot temperature, helping cold feet.
Q: Who Should Not Use REVITIVE?
A: REVITIVE should not be used by some people.
Do not use REVITIVE if (contraindications):
- You have a cardiac pacemaker, implanted defibrillator, or other implanted electronic device because this may cause electric shock, burns, electrical interference, or death
- You are being treated for, or have the symptoms of, an existing Deep Vein Thrombosis (“DVT”)
- You are pregnant
Always read the label. Use only as directed.
Q: Who should check with their doctor before using REVITIVE?
- Consult with your doctor before using this device if:
- You are in the care of a doctor
- You have a history of heart problems because the device may cause lethal rhythm disturbances to the heart in susceptible individuals.
- You are experiencing cramping leg pain that occurs during walking.
- You have slow healing wounds.
- You have loss of feeling in the hands or feet.
- You have had medical or physical treatment for your pain.
- You have suspected or diagnosed heart disease.
- You have suspected or diagnosed epilepsy.
- You are unsure about the suitability of the REVITIVE for you.
- You are unsure about the cause of your symptoms.
- If you have a metallic implant, you may experience pain or discomfort near the implant when applying electrical stimulation, if this should occur discontinue use and seek advice from your doctor
- The electrical stimulation may feel more intense close to a metallic implant. It is safe to continue use provided no pain is experienced. You may need to adjust the intensity to a comfortable level
- Do not use the Body Pads on your head, face, neck or chest. There is a chance that serious health problems, and in rare cases death, may be caused by using the Body Pads on your head, face, neck or chest
- There is a chance that using the Body Pads on your head, face or neck may cause closure of the airway, difficulty in breathing, or adverse effects on heart rhythm or blood pressure
- The introduction of electrical current into the chest may cause rhythm disturbances to your heart, which could be lethal
- Use Body Pads only on parts of your body as directed in this guide
- Do not apply foot pads or body pads directly:
- On open wounds or rashes, swollen, red, infected, or inflamed areas or skin eruptions (such as phlebitis, thrombophlebitis, varicose veins, cellulitis)
- On or close to, cancerous lesions/tumors.
- On areas treated with radiotherapy (within the past 6 months).
- On reproductive organs.
- Apply stimulation only to normal, intact, healthy skin
- Electrode Body Pads are for single person use only. Do not share body pads with others
- Do not use Body Pads after their use by date. There is a chance you may experience skin irritation or burns under the Body Pads
- Some people may experience skin irritation or hypersensitivity due to electrical stimulation or electrical conductive medium. The irritation can usually be reduced by using an alternative conductive medium or alternate electrode placement
- Symptoms may worsen during the initial treatment phase before getting better. This may occur if the body has not yet adjusted to increased muscular activity and blood circulation. If this occurs, reduce the intensity and the duration of treatment which will reduce the initial symptoms, if symptoms persist consult with your doctor.
Q: When Should I Not Use REVITIVE?
A: There are times you should not use REVITIVE. Do not use REVITIVE:
- With electronic monitoring equipment (such as cardiac monitors, ECG alarms), which may not operate properly when the electrical stimulation device is in use.
- When you are in the bath or shower.
- While you are sleeping.
- While you are driving, operating machinery, or during any activity in which electrical stimulation can put you at risk of injury.
- Be careful when applying stimulation:
- Over areas of skin that lack normal sensation - be careful not to overstimulate the area. Check for signs of skin irritation (redness), bruising or pain. If in doubt consult your doctor.
- Over the abdomen during menstruation.
- After recent surgical procedures as stimulation may disrupt your healing process.
- If you are likely to bleed internally, such as following an injury or fracture – use a low intensity and/or shorter time to avoid over-stimulation.
- After a long period of immobility or inactivity – use a low intensity and shorter time to avoid over-stimulation or muscle fatigue.
- It is possible REVITIVE may reduce the sensation of pain that would normally act as a warning of an underlying problem.
- If your pain does not improve, gets worse or continues for more than 5 days, stop using the device and seek advice from your doctor
- The long-term effects of electrical stimulation are unknown
- This product is not intended for use by persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, unless they are supervised by a person responsible for their safety
- Do not stand on the machine. Use only when sitting down
- Use the device only for its intended purpose
- Do not expose the device to extreme heat
- Do not spill liquid on the device or its accessories
- Do not overload the electrical outlet
- Keep this device out of the reach of children
- The REVITIVE may be used by multiple persons, ensure the device is cleaned after each use
- Use the REVITIVE only with the Body Pads, cords and accessories supplied by, or purchased from, the manufacturer
- Check Body Pads, cords and cables periodically for damage
- Do not open the REVITIVE or repair it yourself. This will invalidate your warranty and may cause serious harm
- In the unlikely event your REVITIVE malfunctions, disconnect it from the power source and contact your nearest authorized agent
- The REVITIVE has passed the required tests for EMI, it may still be affected by excessive emissions and/or may interfere with more sensitive equipment
- It has been reported that some universal remote control devices (eg for TV etc) can change the settings on REVITIVE if used during a treatment. If this should occur, simply adjust the time or intensity settings on REVITIVE back to where you want them to be using the REVITIVE Remote Control, or using the device Control Panel
- After any exposure to hot or cold temperatures outside the specified operating range of 50 - 104°F allow the product to re-adjust to the recommended operating temperatures to ensure continued product performance
- Skin irritation and burns beneath the electrodes have been reported with the use of powered muscle stimulators
- If you experience adverse reactions, stop using REVITIVE and talk with your doctor