The REVITIVE devices are neuromuscular electrical stimulation (EMS) devices for stimulation of the feet and lower limbs in order to produce strong skeletal muscle contraction through activation of intramuscular nerve branches.
REVITIVE is also capable of delivering sensory level electrical stimulation through the footplate and pads.
Electrical stimulation is delivered to the muscles of the lower limbs through the foot pad or through electrode pads which may be positioned on other parts of the body or arms.
REVITIVE Circulation Booster IsoRocker
The REVITIVE Circulation Booster is designed with an IsoRocker which allows the device to gently rock back and forth during muscular contractions, creating involuntary ankle movement to replicate heel toe raises.
In addition, WidePulse waveforms provide more comfortable stimulation.
How REVITIVE works
REVITIVE is designed to increase leg circulation. It uses EMS delivered via footplates to stimulate the muscles in the lower legs and feet to help counteract venous stasis. EMS pads can be used separately on various parts of the body & limbs.
- Users can vary the intensity from 1- 99
- Its important that an intensity is used which causes muscle contraction in order that REVITIVE delivers therapeutic effect
- Users can feel and see the muscle contraction
- The REVITIVE Circulation Booster has 15 variable waveforms which cycle, each being delivered for one minute at a time
- This variation in waveforms reduces the habituation effect of the muscles and may allow for a more comfortable experience for the user
- The WidePulse waveform allows muscle contraction to be achieved at a lower intensity
Q: Who Should Not Use REVITIVE?
A: REVITIVE should not be used by some people.
Do not use REVITIVE if (contraindications):
- You have a cardiac pacemaker, implanted defibrillator, or other implanted electronic device because this may cause electric shock, burns, electrical interference, or death
- You are being treated for, or have the symptoms of, an existing Deep Vein Thrombosis (“DVT”)
- You are pregnant
Always read the label. Use only as directed.
Q: Who should check with their doctor before using REVITIVE?
- Consult with your doctor before using this device if:
- You are in the care of a doctor
- You have a history of heart problems because the device may cause lethal rhythm disturbances to the heart in susceptible individuals.
- You are experiencing cramping leg pain that occurs during walking.
- You have slow healing wounds.
- You have loss of feeling in the hands or feet.
- You have had medical or physical treatment for your pain.
- You have suspected or diagnosed heart disease.
- You have suspected or diagnosed epilepsy.
- You are unsure about the suitability of the REVITIVE for you.
- You are unsure about the cause of your symptoms.
- If you have a metallic implant, you may experience pain or discomfort near the implant when applying electrical stimulation, if this should occur discontinue use and seek advice from your doctor
- The electrical stimulation may feel more intense close to a metallic implant. It is safe to continue use provided no pain is experienced. You may need to adjust the intensity to a comfortable level
- Do not use the Body Pads on your head, face, neck or chest. There is a chance that serious health problems, and in rare cases death, may be caused by using the Body Pads on your head, face, neck or chest
- There is a chance that using the Body Pads on your head, face or neck may cause closure of the airway, difficulty in breathing, or adverse effects on heart rhythm or blood pressure
- The introduction of electrical current into the chest may cause rhythm disturbances to your heart, which could be lethal
- Use Body Pads only on parts of your body as directed in this guide
- Do not apply foot pads or body pads directly:
- On open wounds or rashes, swollen, red, infected, or inflamed areas or skin eruptions (such as phlebitis, thrombophlebitis, varicose veins, cellulitis)
- On or close to, cancerous lesions/tumors.
- On areas treated with radiotherapy (within the past 6 months).
- On reproductive organs.
- Apply stimulation only to normal, intact, healthy skin
- Electrode Body Pads are for single person use only. Do not share body pads with others
- Do not use Body Pads after their use by date. There is a chance you may experience skin irritation or burns under the Body Pads
- Some people may experience skin irritation or hypersensitivity due to electrical stimulation or electrical conductive medium. The irritation can usually be reduced by using an alternative conductive medium or alternate electrode placement
- Symptoms may worsen during the initial treatment phase before getting better. This may occur if the body has not yet adjusted to increased muscular activity and blood circulation. If this occurs, reduce the intensity and the duration of treatment which will reduce the initial symptoms, if symptoms persist consult with your doctor.
Q: When Should I Not Use REVITIVE?
A: There are times you should not use REVITIVE. Do not use REVITIVE:
- With electronic monitoring equipment (such as cardiac monitors, ECG alarms), which may not operate properly when the electrical stimulation device is in use.
- When you are in the bath or shower.
- While you are sleeping.
- While you are driving, operating machinery, or during any activity in which electrical stimulation can put you at risk of injury.
- Be careful when applying stimulation:
- Over areas of skin that lack normal sensation - be careful not to overstimulate the area. Check for signs of skin irritation (redness), bruising or pain. If in doubt consult your doctor.
- Over the abdomen during menstruation.
- After recent surgical procedures as stimulation may disrupt your healing process.
- If you are likely to bleed internally, such as following an injury or fracture – use a low intensity and/or shorter time to avoid over-stimulation.
- After a long period of immobility or inactivity – use a low intensity and shorter time to avoid over-stimulation or muscle fatigue.
- It is possible REVITIVE may reduce the sensation of pain that would normally act as a warning of an underlying problem.
- If your pain does not improve, gets worse or continues for more than 5 days, stop using the device and seek advice from your doctor
- The long-term effects of electrical stimulation are unknown
- This product is not intended for use by persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, unless they are supervised by a person responsible for their safety
- Do not stand on the machine. Use only when sitting down
- Use the device only for its intended purpose
- Do not expose the device to extreme heat
- Do not spill liquid on the device or its accessories
- Do not overload the electrical outlet
- Keep this device out of the reach of children
- The REVITIVE may be used by multiple persons, ensure the device is cleaned after each use
- Use the REVITIVE only with the Body Pads, cords and accessories supplied by, or purchased from, the manufacturer
- Check Body Pads, cords and cables periodically for damage
- Do not open the REVITIVE or repair it yourself. This will invalidate your warranty and may cause serious harm
- In the unlikely event your REVITIVE malfunctions, disconnect it from the power source and contact your nearest authorized agent
- The REVITIVE has passed the required tests for EMI, it may still be affected by excessive emissions and/or may interfere with more sensitive equipment
- It has been reported that some universal remote control devices (eg for TV etc) can change the settings on REVITIVE if used during a treatment. If this should occur, simply adjust the time or intensity settings on REVITIVE back to where you want them to be using the REVITIVE Remote Control, or using the device Control Panel
- After any exposure to hot or cold temperatures outside the specified operating range of 50 - 104°F allow the product to re-adjust to the recommended operating temperatures to ensure continued product performance
- Skin irritation and burns beneath the electrodes have been reported with the use of powered muscle stimulators
- If you experience adverse reactions, stop using REVITIVE and talk with your doctor
If you have any concerns or would like further information you can call toll free on
1-800-281-6007 or consult your doctor.